The Benefits of Applying the UPDM Architecture Frameworks for MODAF and DoDAF
Post Webinar Information
Webinar recording download instructions:
1. Click on recording link, ‘save’ ‘winzip’ file to desktop
2. Download window opens, click ‘open tab’
3. Extract file session_oneUPDM.nvl to desktop
4. Close window
5. Go to net player link – ‘run’
6. Net player window opens – go to file open, select file session_oneUPDM.nvl and open
7. Webinar begins
If you encounter any problems email info@Atego.com
Both the DoDAF and MODAF architectural frameworks are hugely important in defense procurement. With the formal release of the Unified profile for DoDAF and MODAF (UPDM) 1.0 specification by the OMG board in September, industry will have the standard means for describing them in model based design tools. Furthermore is expected that in the future that NAF (NATO Architecture Framework) will also be officially supported.
Specifying your architectures with the UPDM implementation of DoDAF and MoDAF helps manage system complexity by structuring data and processes into views with a common standard language and format. By characterizing the form, function, and rules governing systems, UPDM serves as a communication tool for all stakeholders. The different views of the system facilitate comparative evaluation and trades studies across architectures.
This web presentation will be of interest to Managers, Team Leaders and Analysts who may be considering the use of architecture frameworks and to practitioners using MODAF, DoDAF or NAF but who are keen to adopt standards enabling interchange and flow-down in the engineering lifecycle to systems and software engineering.
The key questions that will be addressed include:
- What are the benefits provided by applying a more formal approach to specifying your architectures with UPDM? – Maintainable Architectures – Requirements Traceability – Impact Analysis – Measures-of-Effectiveness
- How do measures-of-effectiveness improve architectures? – Qualitative analysis – Quantitative analysis – Trade-off Analysis
- What is the role of architecture in the flow-down to system design and implementation?
- Matthew Hause, Co-chair UPDM Group